Tuesday, July 4, 2006

July 4, 2006: Donning my Inflammable Garb...

This afternoon we'll head over to my brother John's in New Market for our annual Cummins Family Fireworks. It's always an exciting experience. "Caution" is not something in my brother's vocabulary. And somehow he always infects my brother Peter, who is normally a rather cautious person. The two of them are transported back to their childhood, when no one cared about such things as getting blown up by bottle rockets. It is not at all uncommon to hear someone screaming, "DUCK!!!" as a mis-aimed, flaming object come hurtling toward the spectators on the deck. It's best to carry a fire extinguisher at all times.

john


I like this website. Nice Fourth of July tour of the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.