Monday, March 20, 2006

March 20, 2006: Proud of My Son

I'm so proud of my son. He's such a good sport--such a laid-back guy. We found out in February that he was one of the top 100 scorers in the National Word Power Challenge for the state of Tennessee, and he got to go to Nashville to compete today. He just had such a great time. He didn't seem to care a bit that he didn't make it to the Top 10. The experience of just going and competing was enough for him. He came home all smiling and content. It was a huge added bonus that he and his Dad got to take a 3 1/2 hour road trip there and back, stay in a hotel with a heated pool, and eat at Waffle House! What a great kid. I'm glad he's mine. (And I'm thankful that they are home on this rainy night!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.