* I love waking up to a clean house. I had a baby shower at my house last night, and my house is so nice and clean today. If only…
* I have nothing to say about Michael Jackson, and I apologize to my friends about that. They were watching his funeral and crying yesterday while I was cleaning. They were horrified that I wasn't crying and even accused me of having a heart of stone (in the most loving way, of course). I can't conjure up any real feelings about him, but I was really sad 20 years ago when Andy Gibb died.
* My daughter and I are making a baby quilt, and I can hardly wait to get my machine set up today and get started. We have the cutting out all done, so now the fun part begins. I am by no means a quilter, but I do enjoy the quiet and precision of quilt-making. It's a kind of poetry, matching colors and patterns, and the joy of creation is similar. Working with my little girl makes the experience all the sweeter.
* I'm teaching a lot of classes at our support group's enrichment class program this fall: World Lit/Geography for high school; and Basic Essay Writing, Literature Circle and Debate for middle schoolers (I'm co-teaching those last two). I really need to buckle down and do some serious lesson planning.
* But the pool beckons. I love where we live. The pools are so lovely and the weather divine. And, of course, those mountains.