Wednesday, April 2, 2014

First Spring Hike

Our spring break went from five days in Florida to one afternoon hiking in the Smokies, but I'm OK with that. I was looking forward to sand and water and hot sunshine, but who can complain about this?

A few billion grains of sand or a bright spot of yellow hiding behind a moss-covered boulder?





The roar of ocean waves or the song of the river?





An amazing seafood fest at an out-of-the-way crab shack, or Laughing Cow cheese and Goldfish on a rock in the middle of the river?





Feet soaking in the warm ocean, or feet dipped in ice water?



Give me sunshine, something beautiful, a spacious place, and my family, and I'm good either way.



But if I had to choose forever, I'd choose mountains over beach, always.




1 comment:

  1. I love to visit the mountains but I could never be happy living away from the beach. Love your spring hike pictures...we are still rather cold here...no daffodils blooming yet

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.