Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Homeward Bound

August 1, 2007

My brother Stephen and I were in college together for two years, and during that time we made many trips from New York to Tennessee and back again. It was always his tradition to begin the trip with Simon and Garfunkel's "Homeward Bound." Back then we drove a brown Datsun that had a state-of-the-art cassette player. (That meant you could flip it automatically from Side A to Side B without ejecting it.) Playing "Homeward Bound" wasn't a one-way deal. We were homeward bound whether we were headed south to Milligan College, Tennessee or headed north to Geneva, New York. And nearly 20 years later, I'm still feeling homeward bound either way. Good thing Dr. H. stuck the Simon and Garfunkel CD in the van for me 'cause I'm leaving one home and headed to my other tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.