Friday, November 16, 2007

Thankful Things

November 16, 2007

I am terribly impressed with Amy, who has faithfully been posting Things to Be Thankful For. She is up to #70, and I have totally slacked off on my measly 5 Things on Wednesdays. Geez! Well, things got a bit complicated with the one who originally started the 5 Things, so that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

So, 5 things. OK, 15 since I missed three weeks:
1. My incredible Bunko skills that allowed me to win Caroline's delicious Friendship Bread at last night's Moms' Night Out.
2. The apostrophe.
3. A tremendous homeschooling support group.
4. The joy of having known the Wall family for the past many, many years.
5. Having an apartment attached to our home so that my parents can winter with us.
6. That my children get to spend vast quantities of time with their grandparents.
7. Living in East Tennessee, which daily earns the title "God's Country" in many, many ways.
8. A friend who has come back to church.
9. A rejuvenated prayer life.
10. The gift of an intact family, both now and growing up.
11. Friends who know my heart.
12. Duncan, my youngest, who shows every sign of being exactly like his father. And that's a very good thing.
13. Laurel, my daughter, whose heart is bigger than an ocean and who knows just what to do.
14. Jesse, my son. He is perfect for me, and had we met in college, would have been in my group of friends.
15. My husband, who is the smartest, funniest, kindest, and most gentle soul I've ever had the sheer honor of knowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.