Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Appetizer: Bruschetta

This is, really, the best bruschetta I've ever had. If you really hate olives, you can leave them out, but even Dr. H, an olive-hater, loves this bruschetta, olives and all.

Bruschetta

3 large ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, finely diced
salt to taste
1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil
3 TBS chopped pitted black and/or green olives
3 TBS finely slivered fresh basil
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
pepper to taste
one baguette or other bread, sliced into 1/2 inch slices

1. In colander, season tomatoes with salt, stir, and let drain for about 45 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, combine oil, olives, basil, and garlic until well mixed. Season with salt and pepper. Add to tomatoes to mixture and stir to combine.
3. Broil or grill slices of bread. Put tomato mixture on bread slices and serve.

That's all! It is truly amazing!

5 comments:

  1. I am loving your recipe for bruschetta. I plan on making this for my cookie exchange. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you read my mind! this is an appetizer i serve all the time. so simple and so delicious! thanks for sharing your recipe. i'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm...I love bruschetta! This sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must say, I find myself thinking less of Dr. H now that I know he doesn't like olives! What's up with that??

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.