Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sunday Miscellany

* I love the utter sense of coziness that comes at Christmas—a coziness that is, in fact, closely kin to laziness. I had a nap already this afternoon, having fallen asleep while reading Audrey Niffenegger's newest book, Her Fearful Symmetry. (Falling asleep, by the way, is no reflection on the book. I love it.)

* On today's baking agenda: snickerdoodles. And Randy's Sunday Night Fried Rice for supper. Made by Randy, of course.

* And, as if a nap, snickerdoodles and fried rice aren't exciting enough, tonight is the season finale of Survivor!

* My house is delightfully clean. Yesterday was Duncan's birthday party, so I made sure the house was perfectly cleaned and decorated. As Randy pointed out, it's really important to a bunch of 8 to 10-year-old boys that all my decorations were up and the bathroom mirrors were shiny. This year's theme: Dangerous Things for Boys. Pictures coming up later.

* We had a packed class in Sunday School today. Our discussion these past few weeks has been terribly interesting. We've been discussing the Sabbath, Lord's Day, and what to do if your neighbor asks you not to mow your lawn on Sunday afternoons. I love my Sunday School class.

* I'm not done Christmas shopping yet. In fact, I'm really not even close. But I'm so comfortable and cozy here in my clean house, and there are still four whole days left until Christmas…

Hope you're having a cozy day!

2 comments:

  1. I love cozy this time of year. Merry Christmas & enjoy! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect afternoon! I suffer the same fate of cleaning my house for guests who won't notice. Sometimes I get desperate to see it clean and will use any excuse! :) Can't wait to hear more about the birthday party. Sounds like quite a theme....

    I've been going too fast for too many days and really need to slow it down a bit. On my agenda for this week is trying your chocolate truffle cookies. They look amazing!

    PS - Your daughter looks so beautiful playing her flute. It takes a lot of poise and maturity to get up in front of that many people. Good for her! She is to be admired. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.