Saturday, April 30, 2011
It's been a few weeks since I last participated in the Weekly Wrap-Up, and I can't possibly remember all that we've done lately. Fortunately, we take a lot of pictures and blog with some regularity.
Here's what we've been up to in SmallWorld:
* Hosted the Carnival of Homeschooling
• A unit study on the Titanic, including a field trip to the Titanic Museum in Pigeon Forge
• Got a new pup dog from the shelter (that counts as school, right?)
• Celebrated National Poetry Month with various projects, including poetry collages, poetry word art, and accordian book diamantes:
* Finished our co-op classes! Started mentally planning for next year's classes!
* Had our last regular meeting of the year for both Cub Scouts and American Heritage Girls. The 7th-12th grade girls also finished a Bible study they've been doing for the year: One Girl Can Change the World. Awesome study, and it was a pleasure to be one of their facilitators for the year. They are precious young women.
* Visited the Museum of Appalachia to learn about shearing sheep and a bunch of other good stuff (look for a separate post on that coming up soon):
* Waited through about 9 hours of tornado warnings, sometimes in the basement like when this hail started pounding our house:
This weekend my daughter is in Nashville with our youth group for a 1 By Youth community work day, cleaning up after last spring's flood, and my menfolk are at Boy Scout Camporee. I've been busy alternating between painting trim, cleaning the house, and raking debris up in our yard after our huge storm on Wednesday. Well, and blogging every now and then.
What's been happening in your world? Link it up at the Weekly Wrap-Up at Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers!