Friday, April 18, 2008

Can Someone Please Tell Me...?

April 18, 2008

How do we get from this....


and this...


to this...



and this...


in just 12 short years?


Those first two photos were taken when Jesse was 3 and a half. We were in Hawaii at Randy's uncle's wedding, and I am quite sure that is the last time Jesse wore a suit.

Until tonight. Our homeschooling group is having its Spring Formal for high schoolers this evening, and so we finally had to buy a suit for Jesse. It was lovely to take him there and see all the beautiful girls and handsome young men. The cool thing about our group's formal is that parents are encouraged to go, as well. I was feeling very sad that Dr. H. has meetings out-of-state this weekend, 'cause I sure would like a pretty dress and an up-do.

Hawaii seems like a lifetime ago, really. One of the joys of homeschooling is that, although the passage of time does seem painfully apparent at moments like this, the reality is that our years together have been just that--years together. I haven't just watched our son grow from a distance; I've had the privilege of being there with him 95% of the time. I wouldn't trade that for anything.

And the Converse with the suit. That boy does his father and me proud.

Post A Comment!.....


Comments

Saturday, April 19, 2008 - Untitled Comment

Posted by chickadee@afamiliarpath.blogspot.com (69.128.131.177)

oh that's scary. you're making me want to sloooow things down!

Permanent Link Edit Delete

Saturday, April 19, 2008 - Untitled Comment

Posted by brumbemom (72.152.165.136)

I totally know where you are coming from. My daughter will be going to the homeschool prom next Friday. Isn't this early for my baby to be getting all dressed up and going out to a prom? No, wait, she is 17! It is so hard when we realize that our "babies" are growing up.

Permanent Link Edit Delete

Saturday, April 19, 2008 - be still my heart

Posted by Jennifer in OR (69.88.229.219)

Oh how fast the time goes! Makes my heart race with a bit of anxiety to just think about my babies being all grown up.

What a fabulous shot here!

Permanent Link Edit

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.