Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Wednesday Rambling

April 2, 2008

* I've got my Project 52 up here. This has been a birthday week: Jesse turned 15, and Abigail Rhapsody (yes, you're reading that right) was born to my niece, Esther.

* When I have tons of work to do and think I'm about to crack, I have a tendency to do completely ridiculous things like pick flowers and decorate. I think Heidi will be proud of me for this one:


I've got my grouping of three daffodils pots under my shelf of 5 (sorry, Heidi, but three doesn't work on the shelf!). Anyway, my house is clean and decluttered, which greatly helps my cluttered mind.

* My mind is so cluttered because I've had so much on the docket. Saturday we had our annual Homeschooling 101, which has become my baby these past couple of years. And tomorrow Caroline and I are leaving for Cincinnati for the American Heritage Girls Leadership Conference. We are co-presenting two workshops and have had a flurry of outlines and handouts to prepare for that. I am very much looking forward to this conference, but it does take a lot of preparation. I've had to get all my lesson plans done for Monday's co-op classes, as we won't return until Sunday evening. How in the world will I manage for four whole days without blogging?

* While I'm gone, be sure to find a poem for my In just-Spring Mudluscious Poetry Contest!

* I'm bummed that I haven't had time to participate in the Home Education Week at Principled Discovery. Be sure to visit there for lots of great reading material, or write a post and contribute. And for even more reading material, the latest Carnival of Homeschooling is up at Why Homeschool.

If I don't get a chance to procrastinate blog again before I leave tomorrow, have a great rest of the week, friends!

Post A Comment!.....


Comments

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 - funny

Posted by onfire (206.132.50.159)

as I lay in bed last night, really kind of late, I had two thoughts. one: when sarah wears her hair in ponies, does she think "ear-ahh-qwahh"?
two: what has sarah finally decided to put on her shelf?
you are so kind to mentally telepathate with me ...

Permanent Link Edit Delete

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 - Untitled Comment

Posted by FoxCreekAcademy (65.6.57.251)

Next time you feel like cracking, my door is always open if you want to come & decorate my house....

:)
Abby
www.meetourfamily2.blogspot.com

Permanent Link Edit Delete

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 - Untitled Comment

Posted by SmallWorld (24.151.178.103)

K: IF I were to think that word, I would be very American and say "Ear-a-coy."

Abbie: Here's a decorating tip--those pots are from the dollar store, and the daffodils are abundant in my yard!

Permanent Link Edit Delete

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 - That shelf...

Posted by QueenoftheHill (97.66.84.74)

...looks truly beautiful. I love the tea things. I feel cozy just looking at them.

Permanent Link Edit Delete


Thursday, April 3, 2008 - :)

Posted by CarpeBanana (151.201.122.40)

Now I am working on thinking of a poem...

and I gotta say, though I cannot defend the statement, I think the teapots should face the other way. Oh, I do know why. So they could be poured right handed. Or are you left handed?


Thursday, April 3, 2008 - Untitled Comment

Posted by SmallWorld (24.151.178.103)

Carpe Banana: That is SO true, and it goes against everything for me to turn them that way. Here's the reason: one of the teapots has a painting on the other side that I'm not crazy about, or at least I wasn't crazy about it when I had up my "winter" look. So, I turned them all the other way, even though it felt very wrong. I just thought I was being OCD! Now I'll HAVE to turn them back!!

Permanent Link Edit Delete

Thursday, April 3, 2008 - Untitled Comment

Posted by Anonymous (71.221.67.204)

Excellent job on the display! Are those old books under the center teapot? Ah, you've been paying attention. :) Great way to empasize the center. I'm proud of you. And, for what it's worth, I don't mind which way the teapots are facing, LOL.

Heidi @ Mt Hope

Permanent Link Edit Delete

Friday, April 4, 2008 - :D

Posted by CarpeBanana (151.201.122.40)

SW: well, the painting on one side of the teapot makes sense. I will just mentally reverse your photo and all will be well in my own small world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.