Saturday, May 24, 2008

Gobs of Chocolate

May 24, 2008


So in my last entry, I was hoping for a fabulous speaker and gobs of chocolate at our Mother/Daughter banquet at church this evening. And listen, girls and boys: dreams really do come true! First of all, my daughter and I once again had semi-matching outfits for the dinner. You can't really tell in this picture, but we are both wearing white eyelet. (Also please note that I am not wearing a maternity shirt and our hands are not resting on a pregnant belly; this is totally an illusion caused by the current fashion.)

So anyway, the food was indescribably delicious and perfect, and the dessert was rich chocolate cake on a bed of fresh cream, sprinkled with raspberries, and lightly iced. Amazing. And...the speaker didn't show up! I know I shouldn't be so happy about that, but dinner speakers are really not a treat for moms with wiggly girls, like at least 10 of us there. So after an exquisite dinner, Laurel and I headed to the mall where I found an excellent swimming suit on sale for 50% off!

It was a fabulous Mother/Daughter evening.



(And in case you were wondering, I did not get the Explode the Code books at the book sale.. And I could not pull a New York Yankee because a New Jersey Yankee got there a split second before I did.You just can't intimidate a fellow northerner.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.