Saturday, August 8, 2009

Timeless

It's an easy weekend to lose track of time. We drove the 13-hours from Tennessee to New York on Thursday, and driving days are always lost days. We don't remember what day it is, and the hours become "only 6 more" rather than o'clocks.

All day Friday was spent loading up the truck, or watching the truck being loaded mostly and wondering how to be helpful.

Last night was my 25-year high school class reunion. Again, timeless in so many ways. Many of the women looked exactly the same, some even more beautiful than in high school. The men who kept off the weight looked fantastic. But whatever the looks, the personalities came through ultimately in a timeless sort of way; but without the rough edges and clique borders, we are all much nicer people.

Today the house is practically empty. After lunch the dining room table and chairs will be loaded into the van, and we'll have to share the last 3 remaining chairs. Already I am yearning to head back home to Tennessee, where my days have structure and sense.

3 comments:

  1. "But whatever the looks, the personalities came through ultimately in a timeless sort of way; but without the rough edges and clique borders, we are all much nicer people." -- This is so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean ... even just from my forrays into facebook.
    and for the record, I can't wait to have you back home either, even though you are no closer to me geographically speaking. I just want you back where it might be possible for me to jump in a vehicle and spontaneously drive my own thirteen hours. mmm. heavenly thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its really true....thanks for sharing with us ..really fantastic
    thoughts ....

    --
    Reenee
    Get the best FREE offers on the Best Home security Systems

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.