* I was really, really looking forward to returning from vacation and relaxing for a few days before our regular school year activities started in.
* But before I even returned from vacation—halfway between New York and Tennessee, actually—a new drama began unfolding back on the homefront. Well, not exactly on the homefront, but in our life.
* I resent drama, especially when it's brought about by adults who should certainly know how to play nicely with others by now.
* So tonight, we are putting the drama totally aside and enjoying a quiet evening. We aren't answering the phone, and I'm going to try really hard not to check my email.
* And later, I'll give a full account of our travels.
* But not of the drama, so don't look forward to hearing that sordid tale.
* And so it goes.