Monday, July 12, 2010

Monday Memory: Bubbles


We had rain today—lots of it. It was glorious. But nobody went out to play in it. Used to be that every time we had a rain after a long, dry spell, the kids would all run out and soak it in. We had a short rain Friday evening for the first time in two weeks, and Duncan did run out to play. But I could tell it wasn't as much fun for him all by himself, and he didn't stay out for long.

This is one of my favorite pictures of rain play. The kids spilled a bottle of bubbles and found that blowing bubbles in the rain is truly magical. I have this photo enlarged and framed in my kitchen. I love the curve of his neck and the wet hair plastered against his head and those sweet lips blowing bubbles.

And don't even get me started on rains back in Iowa, with Jesse puddle-jumping in his yellow rainboots.

1 comment:

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.