Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Reading Poetry with Children

“Whatever you do, find ways to read poetry. Eat it, drink it, enjoy it, and share it.”
~Eve Merriam

Poetry is terribly misunderstood. Most of us were introduced to complex, often incomprehensible poetry when we were in school and learned quickly to dislike it. But poetry doesn’t have to be a jungle of symbolism and metaphor, heavy with hidden meaning. …

{I'm over at The Homeschool Classroom today. Catch the rest of this post over there!}

The Homeschool Classrom

4 comments:

  1. Just came over from The Homeschool Classroom, great post there today! Thank you for all the great links and recommendations.

    Kami (fellow Homeschool Classroom writer)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just "all that and a bag of chips", aren't cha? (GREAT post!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great article! I love the poems you chose. :) You are such an inspiration!

    Blessings,

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't agree with you more! :) I love to read and write Poetry. I read it to my kids and the love it.
    Off to check out your other post!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.