Sunday, November 21, 2010

On the Menu

Such excitement! Our oldest will be coming home from college for nearly a week on Monday, and he isn't a vegetarian anymore! Oh, simmer down, vegetarians. I have nothing against vegetarians; I'm just not one, and I've found it somewhat challenging to cook for one these past few years.

Also, I'd love for him to put on 20 lbs or so, and that's difficult to do when one eats lots of veggie burgers and lettuce. So tomorrow I'm going shopping and stocking up the cabinets with all kinds of stuff to cook.

And of course Thanksgiving is this week, and my third brother and his wife are hosting. All I have to do is make the pies! The bad end of the deal is that we won't have any leftover turkey, but Christmas is only a few weeks away.

So coming up this week, we'll be having:
Randy's Fettucine Alfredo
Lasagna
Tortellini Chowder
Slow Cooker Cuban Pork
Randy's Chicken Piccata
and, while we're at it, let's add Randy's Famous Sunday Night Fried Rice

It occurred to me, as I was making out the menu, that Dr. H. will be off most of this week. And he does love to cook…

Besides baking pies for Thanksgiving Day, I'll be making cookies and a cake, for sure. I'm thinking about Pioneer Woman's Tres Leches cake. The only problem with this cake is that there is no chocolate or icing—but it's not about me, right? It's really fun to have a grateful college student for whom to cook.

Linked up at Menu Plan Mondays

3 comments:

  1. I just read HUGE post about a lady who was vegan, who had to quit after many health problems. She had only been vegan for 3 1/2 years. All of her problems, like hair falling out, low blood numbers, stomach problems, and lack of energy/strength went away after eating meat again for only a few months. She also said there are a lot of public vegans who have to privately consume meat for the exact same problems! Crazy huh? She was also a feminist, and I encouraged her to lose that hat next. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! for having your son home this week. Have a good time together and enjoy cooking (and eating)! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fried rice sounds fun!

    Great menu plan you have here. Stop by and check mine out over at Free 2 Be Frugal!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.