* It's been an extraordinarily lazy holiday weekend. I am not sure I've done one productive thing, other than do a few loads of laundry. I haven't even cooked. One would think that after such a weekend, I'd be motivated to conquer my to-do list today. But truthfully, I'd just like to take another nap.
* I've been reading so many good books lately. I haven't even had time to review them all! But if you are looking for something to read, hop on over to my SmallWorld Reads blog. You can see my "best of" lists at the top, or check out the 4 and 5-star reviews on my sidebar. Threes and below--meh.
This recipe is close, but not perfect. I need to stop thinking about food from my hometown. Don't even get me started on pizza from Cam's or meatball subs from Uncle Joe's....
* I think I'm in a blogging slump. I have a lot of things to write about, but somehow I can't muster up the energy to write. I've recently become addicted to a ridiculous game on Facebook, and I can't seem to tear myself away from it. I know. But admitting it is the first step, right?
* I may have mentioned a few dozen times how much I adore our new church. (See—that's one of those long posts I need to write.) A new session of small groups start soon, and I have joined the writers' group. I am very proud of myself. I signed up without even really thinking about how crazy our Tuesday evenings will be (Laurel has both dance and government class on Tuesdays already), because when you go to a church that values writing (and other arts), you pay attention.
* Our youth group activities have been cancelled because of rain this evening, so my parents are coming over for Randy's Famous Fried Rice. It really is the best fried rice ever. And in spite of my sheer laziness and irresistible urge to take a nap, I really am ready to face the coming year. It all starts again next week: the classes, the clubs, American Heritage Girls, small groups, appointments, meetings, etc. And I'm OK with that. I'd be better if I had a dozen half-moon cookies, but I think I can make it anyway.