Sunday, May 6, 2007

Back to Our Regularly Scheduled Life

May 6, 2007



Our Canadian friends Neal and Kristina have returned back to their cold, windy, sunless, funless, Moon-pie-less country. Last week was a flurry of activities (see the week here at my Project 365 blog). That's us at the Knoxville Museum of Art in the photo above (taken by Jonam, I think), taking a little break before we head off to our next adventure. But now it's time to return to some semblance of reality. Boy, isn't it amazing to make the kind of connection with people that you actually really, really miss them when they are gone? I mean, I've had company before when I was kinda happy when they left--mostly because it was work to entertain them. But I actually get choked up when think, "Oh. We won't see the Campbells in our regular life." Because spending hours and hours talking with friends is one of the gifts of this good life, and a good gift is hard to relinquish.

And so, we'll hit the books again tomorrow. We have only about 4 weeks left of school, and then we take a big, long, relaxing summer break. Maybe we'll go to Canada....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.