Sunday, May 2, 2010

On the Menu

We're heading into the time of year when all I really want to eat is pasta salad and fruity things. But alas, cooking must happen. People must eat. And it's sooo hard to keep weight on a 17-year-old vegetarian. Like his father, my son seems to burn as many calories as he eats, even while reading, sitting at the computer or playing guitar most of the day. My husband assures me that he was just as skinny at that age as our son is now; indeed, since Jesse wore Dr. H's high-school suit to prom and it fit perfectly, I guess that would be true. Still.

So last week I was going to have ribeyes when my parents came over for our regular Tuesday night meal; however, my Dad got some dental work done last week and is getting two teeth pulled this week, so I guess Randy and I will have to suffer and eat the steaks all by ourselves. We'll be grilling our steaks but making Pioneer Woman's mushroom sauce that accompanies her pan-fried steaks.

Besides that, we'll be having:
Indian Chicken with Lentils
Salmon with mashed potatoes (I don't really have a salmon recipe. I just marinate it for awhile in honey, soy sauce, olive oil, garlic, and ginger and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes)
Hamburgers on the grill
Easy Enchiladas

This is one of those weeks I'm really, really tired of food. I'd like to eat stuff like Lucky Charms, powdered sugar donuts, chops and dip, and instant pudding, washed down with diet Pepsi, all week long. Setting a good example can be a drag…

2 comments:

  1. crack me up!! Jamie just HAD to go get powdered sugar doughnuts Saturday. We couldn't stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I am stopping by from Menu Plan Monday. Nice menu...the Indian chicken with lentils sounds yummo!


    Stop by and visit me sometime over at Free 2 Be Frugal.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.