* Is this Thursday? I'm strangely calm, considering we have a Big Event happening in just a few days. But maybe this is Wednesday.
* No, it really is Thursday. I know because I took my Dad to the oral surgeon today to have four teeth pulled. I love my Dad. I've never before been in the position of being a caregiver for him. When he had angioplasty 15 years ago, I lived far away and my brothers were there with him. He's always taken care of me, but today I got to drive him and wait for him and pick up his medicine later.
* I do remember once when I was in high school and my mom went away for a week to visit my grandmother. I supposed I cooked for my Dad that week. But what I really remember is him cooking supper for me: a corned beef hash, egg, and cheese sandwich. It was strangely delicious. I can't quite imagine eating such a thing now. Is corned beef hash still even sold?
* Today I made a few dozen chocolate chip cookies and a bunch of cheese straws in preparation for Jesse's Eagle Scout ceremony on Sunday. Thank you, Carrie-from-high-school, for the cheese straws recipe! These are ridiculously delicious. Jesse said, "They taste like Cheez-its." He's absurd.
* I mailed out graduation invitations yesterday and today. Got Jesse's honor cord in the mail. This, for those of you who don't know your graduation lingo yet, is a golden cord that an honor student can wear drape around his/her graduation gown. Because, well, why not?
* Randy and the kids got me a pair of telescoping loppers for Mother's Day. All I really want to do is to be outside pruning trees and lopping away inappropriate shrubbery.
* But first, more cheese straws, more cookies, and supper. Is it weird that I plan to reward myself by getting to prune for 30 minutes or so this evening? Ah well. I come from a long-line of horticulturists.