Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Chocolate Peppermint Bark

Really easy, amazingly delicious!

Chocolate Peppermint Bark


Ingredients:
2 16-oz. bags semi sweet chocolate chips
1 16-oz bag white chocolate chips
6-8 candy canes

Unwrap 6-8 candy canes and put in a ziploc bag. Wrap a towel around the bag and crush candy canes with a meat tenderizer or whatever works for you. This shouldn't be powdery; some small bits are good.

Melt two 16-ounce bags of semi-sweet chocolate chips. I do it in the microwave for one minute and then stir, and then at 30-second intervals, stirring after each 30 seconds until melted.

In a separate bowl, as soon as the chocolate chips are done melt, one 16 oz. bag of white chocolate chips in the same way.

When the chocolate chips are completely melted (and while you are in the process of melting the white chips), add the peppermint to the chocolate. Mix well and spread evenly on a cookie sheet. When the white chocolate is completely melted, drop by spoonfuls onto the chocolate and swirl with a knife to marbelize.

Put in fridge until hard. When it's completely hard, you can take a knife and break it up into fudge-sized pieces. That's it!

14 comments:

  1. so, do you have anymore cookie ideas up your sleeve for me? I don't know what to make...me being the baker I am and all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Our recipes are similar. :o) I think I have some peppermint sticks stashed in the cabinet....

    You can never make too many treats from semi-sweet chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that sounds yummy - and oh so easy!! I'll have to try that one this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds lovely. We usually do some easy things with chocolate this time of year. I'll add this to the list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah, I couldn't find your e-mail address but I wanted to let you know that I combined my book blog back into my regular blog. I also subscribed to you today- I don't know why I keep losing you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, I have extra candy canes sitting around. I may have to make some of this. Sounds great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum...my two of my favorite things: chocolate and peppermint. I don't think much can match that combo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, my son loves peppermint, he would love this. thanks for sharing.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmm...I may have to try this one. It sounds easy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhhh, my! I can't wait to show dd this one. She looooovvvvvves chocolate and mint together! She will probably beg me to go get everything for it. LOL! :D Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it when easy and yummy get together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great easy! I love candy and cookies that are easy to make!

    Hope to see you December 14-18 for the Holly Bloggy Christmas Bash! We'll have events all week, including a recipe linky on Thursday, Dec. 17. And we'll have prizes too! Check out my blog for more details!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.