Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Aniversary Bash Winner and Other Miscellany!

* Thanks for all the comments on our 20th Anniversary Bash contest! I do hope you all get a chance to go to your anniversary destinations. Our little cabin in the mountains was absolutely perfect, and although I am still a bit sore from our hike to Chimney Tops, that was perfect, too. And Christy, a fellow homeschooling mom I see in real life every week, congratulations! You are the 20th Anniversary Bash winner! Check your email for your prize, coming soon!

* I'm sorry for the gigantic photo of me on my header. As soon as I mop the floor, I'm going to resize that. There is a limit to how big a photo of oneself should be!

* The latest Carnival of Homeschooling is up at Homeschoolbuzz. After I mop the floor and resize my header, I am going to spend some time perusing this week's entries!

* If you're wondering why I have so much time on my hands to blog, mop, resize, and peruse: my younger two kids are doing another 5-day day-camp at our local Montessori school, which still hasn't opened but continues to offer occasional classes for homeschoolers. This time they are doing "CSI: Cool Science Investigations," and I'm playing catch-up at home.

* I am going to go reacquaint myself with the mop now.

6 comments:

  1. I dunno ... kind of makes you feel closer, as in life size ... maybe that isn't so bad.

    I should get a mop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...awesome. Thanks for the gift. My day just keeps getting better. It looks like you had a great time on your trip. I know what you mean about the drop-offs. We hiked Laurel Falls when the kids were small. I almost went into cardiac arrest more than a few times. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your head is just fine.

    I introduced my husband to the mop, but we are retired.

    Shari
    http://sharilyle-soffe.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a nice getaway. I like your new header.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep the big photo! I think it looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like the big photo too!

    i'm really glad you guys had a lovely away time.

    and i'm SO jealous of the montessori school!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.