Sunday, March 1, 2009

What's Happening at SmallWorld Reads

Looking for something to read? Below are links to my February reviews at SmallWorld Reads:

Children's Books on Slavery
Dedication by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus
The Bonesetter's Daughter by Amy Tan
The Road by Cormac McCarthy
Conversations with the Fat Girl by Liza Palmer

February Picks
Most enjoyable: Conversations with the Fat Girl
Most depressing but best written: The Road

And I've been a little better about the weekly writing prompts at Sunday Scribblings:
Regrets (or Not)
Art
Lost

What have you been reading?

2 comments:

  1. I have The Help waiting on my nightstand as well as The School of Essential Ingredients. In both cases, I was pulled in by the use of language. I'll try to post reviews when I finish. I'm also reading The Secret School even though it's a children's book. I'm a sucker for books about teachers, especially in one room school houses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished reading Nzingha: Warrior Queen of Matamba. Its part of the royal diary series and provides a nice description of what life was like for an African princess when the Portugeuse slave trade was first trying to establish itself in 1595.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.