Sunday, March 15, 2009

It's SmallWorld's 20th Anniversary Bash!

**This post will stay at the top until March 16th, when I reveal the contest winner! Please scroll down for new posts!**



As I mentioned last week, this month Dr. H. and I will celebrate our 20th anniversary! I think an Anniversary Blog Bash is definitely in order! I'm going to be having two contests, giving you two chances to win. This week I want to hear about one of two things: music or invitations.

I was one of those little girls who always dreamed about my wedding. Probably a lot of it had to do with having three older brothers who got married when I was between 8 and 16 years old. I was a bridesmaid in all their weddings, so of course I fantasized a lot about my own wedding. I didn't think about cakes or dresses, though, I thought about wedding songs and invitations. Many years later, I finally to plan my real wedding with a real-life fiancé. You can read all about our wedding songs here and all about our invitations here.

And now I want to hear about your wedding music and/or invitations! Here's what you need to do. Write a blog post about your wedding songs. What were they? Why did you choose them? OR tell me about your wedding invitations. Did you pick out a special verse or poem, design your own, or what? Tell me whatever you want about one or the other, or write two different posts, you'll be entered two times! After you've written your post, sign Mr. Linky at the bottom of this entry with a direct link to your music or invitation post. If you write two different posts, be sure to sign Mr. Linky twice in order to get entered twice! If you don't have a blog, you can just post in the comments; I do not discriminate against the blogless!

I'll pick a random winner on Sunday night, March 15th, so you have until midnight to enter. And the prize? Of course we have to go with a 20, so the winner will receive a $20 amazon gift card via email. And if you don't win this week, there will be another contest next week!



11 comments:

  1. congrats on 20 by the way. you guys are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So being one of the blogless, I will post my story here. OK, it's not much of a story.
    I seem to recall our wedding getting kind of hijacked by Lutheran tradition. While we did have a very lovely string quartet playing some very lovely music, it was required that we sing hymns. I think we had to sing like 23 of them. And I think each one had about 11 verses. And none of the good 'ol "let's sing verses 1, 3 & 5". We had to sing every one. I think our ceremony took about 5 hours.
    I think one day, we need to get married again and have the wedding we would have planned, including music we would pick. Heck, maybe we'll even have a honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so off topic. But I had to tell you that I saw your post mentioning AHG and thought to head to it's website to see if there was one in our area (we had one for a while and then it was taken of the list just when I was going to try and get our girls involved-DRAT!) and guess who was featured in the first picture that popped up?!? You. How fun was that? I thought so, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary! And just how do you intend to "randomly" choose a winner? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. was going to say something kind of like what Neal said only then I realized that he posted, and I kind of got choked up and then I couldn't write anything much at all.
    except I have to say that our equally cheesy wedding video (that I was adamantly opposed to having) shows Neal, unmoving, looking rather like a cardboard mannequin. And the opening song was played by a string quartet that, while beautiful, could not possibly have played each stanza any s.l.o.w.e.r.
    just glad I got married

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just given you the Kreativ Blogger award. You can see it here: http://theforestroom.blogspot.com/2009/03/kreativ.html
    And Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your 20th anniversary! I'm coming up on our tenth - we got a laaaate start:). I can't post today (guest arriving) but here is our wedding info. The music was a classic big band sound little band:). I wanted something that all generations could dance to. Our fist dance song was "Unforgettable" which now seems a little cheesy but ... aren't they all (smile). My mom and I had our first wedding fight over the invitations. They were just classic black script on ivory cotton paper - what was there to argue about? The margins. Mom thought the margins were too small and type face too big. So we changed it. Really, really important stuff. Sigh, sigh, sigh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on 20 years! We are almost at 8. Time flies! At our wedding, I believe we sang Who Can Satisfy?, Knowing You and Blessed Assurance corporately ...maybe a song or two more. Every now and then, we will hear one of the songs and be reminded and share a moment. We had a friend sing a solo, Can't Live a Day Without You by Avalon. After the vows, we sang I love you, Lord. We wanted it to be less formal, more like a worship service, so we actually sat next to each other in the rows for a while and the preacher shared a short message. It was nice to SIT and ENJOY the moment like that. I think our wedding invitation started, "Desiring God's will for our lives and believing that includes each other..." Good memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Our Song" was "To Me" by Lee Greenwood and Barbara Mandrell. We just celebrated our 20th in Oct. congrats on your's.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.