Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Project Dining Room and Other Miscellany

* My dining room project is nearing completion. My floors are too gorgeous for words, except for that one little spot today that Laurel pointed to and said, "Hey look! There doesn't seem to be any shiny stuff here!" Oh well. If it took us 4 days to notice, hopefully no one else will. I have a second coat of trim to paint tomorrow, and then I'll be done with the major stuff. I can't figure out how to get my custom-made blinds down, so painting the window frame will have to wait.

* Our Hobby Lobby has about 8 aisles of stuff on 80% off clearance this week. I got these enormous candleholders for $4.40 each. They look too fabulous in my new dining room.

* Tonight was night 3 of Vacation Bible School at our church. This year Laurel is a craft helper rather than a participant, and she is loving it. I'm not sure why I'm so exhausted after VBS, but I feel like jello when it's over each night.

* Every evening after VBS we've been coming home and eating popsicles or ice-cream on the front porch while we watch the fireflies. That has got to be the best part of summer.

* This weekend is the big homeschooling fair in Knoxville. This year we have an American Heritage Girls booth there. We have 5 troops in our area now, which is incredibly exciting, but we are always hoping that a few troops will start in neighboring cities. We are working toward having our own council in the next few years! Caroline and I will spend Thursday afternoon setting up our booth, and then we have a bunch of mom/daughter pairs from the various troops who will be manning the booth and spreading the word about AHG.

* I'm addicted to a new game on Facebook, which is sucking up way too much of my time. But I have to go play just one round now…

2 comments:

  1. I have just deleted a couple of games from my Facebook as I found myself 'just popping in' a few times a day and boy did the time add up over a week! kinda miss it though ;o)
    xc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me guess...Bejeweled Blitz? Me too...me too....

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.