Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Homeschool Memoirs #14: Award the Categories



This week's Homeschool Memoirs is "to post the category that best describes each of your family members and write something about why you nominated them in that category." So here goes…

Best Cook: Dr. H.
I wish he cooked every single meal! But then I guess I'd have to go find a job that earns money, and that would be really icky. So, I'll just appreciate his weekend cooking!

Best Sense of Humor: Jesse.
He is just funny, and he totally has our sense of humor. He is always cracking me up. He just gets it.

Most Creative: Laurel Rose.
This girl is amazing. Whether it's coming up with a costume (above), sewing, art, crafts, doll clothes, cooking or myriad other mediums, she is constantly creating something.

Always Smiling: Duncan.
He just always has a smile on his face. He does get mad and grumpy, but he can't stay mad and grumpy. Within a few minutes, he is almost always smiling again.

Most Faithful
In spite of her piercing bark when someone pulls in the driveway, Daisy is the absolute best dog. She loves us so much that it just breaks my heart.

Best Cricket Catcher
Every morning there is one hideous camel cricket that appears in our kitchen. Fortunately, our new kitty is a champion cricket catcher. It's not a pretty sight to see what she does with it.

Ugliest.
Really, it's a tarantula. Need I say more?


Want to see other awards? Click on the link above. And don't forget to vote for ME for the Best Variety Blog at the Homeschool Blog Awards!

See Memoir #13 here: Mom Help
See Memoir #12 here: Let's Play a Game
See Memoir #11 here: Field Trips
See Memoir #10 here: 10 Timely Facts
See Memoir #8 here: Study Spot
See Memoir #7 here: Snacks
See Memoir #6 here: Summer Photo Essay
See Memoir #5 here: My Favorite Things
See Memoir #4 here: Something New
See Memoir #3 here: Routines
See Memoir #2 here: Agendas
See Memoir #1 here: All About Me




17 comments:

  1. It's a delight to count our blessings! Although I'm not sure the tarantula counts...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your nomination!

    Your dog is so sweet. She reminds me of our Dexter :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah:
    I saw an incoming link on my blog from you today but couldn't find anything on your blog.

    Will Dr. H come cook for us? Does he make side dishes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our daughters would get along well. My daughter is also incredibly creative. She sews, knits, crochets, latch hooks, paints, draws, etc, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. why oh why oh why oh why would have have a tartantula? shudder shudder

    ReplyDelete
  6. even though i've not met your kids in person (yet)i can tell your youngest loves to smile!! he definitely has a great one:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK...wait a second. Is that YOUR tarantula? A pet? You are right. She (he?) (it?) gets the ugly award. But your kitty is adorable, as are your children (of course!). It's just that the tarantula threw me off a bit, as you probably intended. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed visiting your blog! You are a true homeschooling momma to have a tarantula in your midst! There's no way I'd let my kids have one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you included pets I did not think of it. Your spider wins honestly congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some people love routine while others run as far from routine as possible. My thoughts are that everyone thrives on routine. You can become a slave to schedule or you can be so free that you get very little accomplished.

    ----------------

    kesha

    promoter

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought "Oh, great awards!" Then I got to the tarantula.... Ugliest is right! LOL Great twist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for your comment! Great answers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you should just guest blog on my blog:).

    I made it prettier so people wouldn't notice how little posts there actually are!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My dh got the cook award too, we called it super chef! Love the spider, ooh!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have a beautiful family - minus the tarantula. You are a braver woman than I am :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the awards- except maybe the tarantula. Ugh. I would give my dh best cook too- but I don't want him to quit his day job.

    I have a new blog, btw, thus the new ID.

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great pics and awards! :D Except for the spider, ewwww! That one gives me the shivers!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.