Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tuesday Miscellany

* You know what I'm really happy about? We're going camping tomorrow. I am going off the grid. We'll be having no drama other than perhaps some bickering between the kids and maybe a bear will wander into camp. Somehow that seems mild. I'm looking forward to a blazing campfire, s'mores, and a quiet hike.

* I wish we could go for longer, but our city has a big 3-day fall festival each year. Our church is right across the street from the main concerts, and providing parking in our church lot is our youth group's main fundraiser each year. We'll be coming back to help with that, plus Jesse is coming home for the weekend. He wants to see Lynard Skynard!

* I have to make myself blog lately. Somehow in the face of greater things, blogging can all seem so inconsequential. From dealing with petty teen angst to real tragedy, I am weary. And yet I love the process of stringing words together and figuring out where I am while doing so. Always have. Writing is my safe haven, my city of refuge.

* You know what really irritates me? That big-mouthed dog of ours and her sharp, ear-shattering bark. Why do we have a dog, anyway?

* The end. Dr. H. is home, cookies are finishing up in the oven, and we have a Cub Scout pack meeting to get ready for.

* This is pretty much as close as I get to whining. Sorry about that, but I've heard so much adult whining lately, both reasonable and unreasonable, that I wanted to add some of my own. When I come home from camping, I hope to have taken a few very big breaths and be back to my cheery self.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes, there is nothing to do but whine.

    Though I didn't find your post particularly whine-ful. Just real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. camping off grid sounds like a great way to spend a few days.
    i agree keeping it honest is a good thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to come up here and do some wining with me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.