Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tuesday Miscellany

* Some days are like this: Duncan walks into my room in an apron, carrying a stuffed animal with a chef's hat on. "Let's make cookies for school today!" he says. Yes. That is exactly what we needed to do this morning. Forget math and reading and grammar. Some days are chocolate chip cookie days.

* The Carnival of Homeschooling is up at HomeschoolBuzz.com. I'm going to go spend some time there this evening.

* Jesse's fall break is over, and we probably won't see him again until Thanksgiving. He has been dealing with remnants of a drama here at home for the past couple of visits. I am hoping that we can all put this behind us now and move on, away from the craziness that has been sucking the joy out of our days.

* I have a friend who accused me once of sweeping things under the rug. I call it "moving on." At times like this, I ponder our difference in interpretation.

* I sent half the cookies back to college with Jesse. The rest are gone already. Tomorrow, we'll do math and reading and grammar. And try to remember "normal."

3 comments:

  1. I love those chocolate chip cookie days as much as the kids, but shhh don't tell them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I will raise a coffee mug to "normal"...*sigh*...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baking cookies sounds like a good plan!

    And what IS normal?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.