Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Pinewood Derby

With two boys, this is our ninth (and second-to-last) Pinewood Derby. We've moved from a homemade track and stopwatches back when Jesse was a little guy to a local fire station, which now hosts the Pinewood Derby on an amazing high-tech track with all the electronic gadgets to make a fast and error-free derby.

The excitement's always the same, from generation to generation, whether the derby is in someone's backyard or on a super-fast track. Boys and derby cars: thrill of the race and a secret hope of winning. (Duncan placed 5th out of 38 cars, less than 0.01 sec from getting a trophy.)

Linked to Wordless Wednesday, Parenting by Dummies, and 5 Minutes for Mom


  1. I've had 6 sons go through pinewood derby...It was always fun...but I'm glad we're done!
    Thanks, Becky Jane

  2. WOW! That is really neat. My boys would love this.

  3. Sarah, I'm so glad you "found" me in the blogging world!! I always love reading your musings! Hugs, Robin


I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.