Sunday, November 15, 2009

I Need Soup!


Soup season is upon us, and I need soup recipes! I grow weary of wading through recipe sites; I really do. So I want to know: what are your favorite soup recipes? I know you've probably posted a recipe or two before on your own blog or bookmarked a favorite recipe. Or maybe you've been meaning to post a favorite soup recipe on your blog but haven't gotten around to it. Or, like my friend Laurie and I like to say, "If you can't think of anything else to blog about, blog a recipe!"

So I'm asking you all: give me a recipe or two; I know you have them! You can link in Mr. Linky or post a favorite in the comments. Save me from my endless soup surfing! (And to start things off, I linked to my favorite beef stew recipe. But one can only eat so much beef stew...)


7 comments:

  1. Great idea to rustle up recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorites...

    http://www.recipezaar.com/Tortellini-Tomato-Spinach-Soup-35988

    I brought this to your house a couple of years ago for the Soup & Pumpkin party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOO, I forgot about that soup, Sarah! I love that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm... yummy. Only I don't really have any favorite soup recipes because my husband doesn't really like soup. But it sounds so yummy tonight!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm....I love soup. We have it about once or twice a week but, would cook it way more if it was hubbies favorite too. We both agree on pea soup and potatoe - will link up.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. My recipe for brandied black bean soup is jaded by my penchant for the South Beach Diet.

    I probably stole elements of this from several places, but I wouldn't even know where to start to give up my sources. I don't measure, either, so I'll just give it a whirl and you should just know it is all "to taste."

    I put 3 cloves of garlic in approx. 2 T of olive oil. I add (hacked up with scissors) 3 or 4 slices of turkey bacon and cook until until it starts to to brown. If you like onion, dice one and let it soften while the bacon browns. I then add 5 or 6 cans of cooked blacked beans to probably 16 oz. of beef broth. If I own any fat-free half and half, I'll add 1/3 a cup or so. If not, don't worry about it. Just before it starts to boil, put a third of a cup of brandy (low-quality is fine) and 2 drops of "smoked" seasoning.

    Serve with diced onion and blue cheese crumbles (if you are a fan of strong flavors). I also add crushed red pepper. I could eat this every day, except that noone would want to live with me. ;-)

    Queenofthehill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I love soup, too! I linked my lentil soup, which I'm making this week. We also love split pea, chicken noodle, minestrone, black bean and salsa, chicken tortilla... and I'm looking for a pumpkin soup recipe if anyone's got a good one!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.