Sunday, November 22, 2009

Weekly Wrap-Up

I'm not really sure what happened in this past week. I know I helped unload hundreds of boxes of citrus from our American Heritage Girls fall fundraiser. I know I helped load cars with citrus and delivered citrus to our customers. I ate a lot of grapefruit.

But beyond that, the week is pretty much a blur. We started one of my favorite books, Little Britches. In fact, the kids love it so much that we read and read and read for hours this week. Pretty much everything else got shoved to the wayside, although we did a few math lessons, Latin, and handwriting. Who needs anything else when you have a great book to read?

The most exciting event: Randy and Jesse attended Fall Preview Days at Belmont University, where Jesse hope to attend next year. Their experiences at the preview days really solidified in both of their minds that Belmont is a fantastic fit for Jesse. Now we just are awaiting news of admission—and scholarships.

And that's about the extent of my wrap-up. Tomorrow is our last day of fall co-op classes on Mondays, although I still have two weeks left of my high school World Lit/geography class before we break for Christmas. We're looking forward to a relaxing week coming up, filled with good friends, family, and plenty of food.

What are your Thanksgiving plans?

For more wrap-ups visit, Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers.

1 comment:

  1. Our plans are a little different this year. Jeremiah's brother and his 2 kids are coming over. Everybody else is either working or traveling, but we did have a nice unexpected weekend with our family in KY.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.