Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tackle It Tuesday


I have a lot, a whole lot, of areas that need tackled in my house, especially after a whirlwind week like the last one. Tackle It Tuesday encourages me to start with one small place, so today I chose the first spot that you see when you come in my house.


This is the buffet/cupboard in the dining room, where most people enter (unless you're a stranger and come through the front door) and where all family members drop their stuff. I really do try to keep this cleared off, but it's gotten ridiculous this week. And those flowers in the vase on the wall might look OK in the picture above, but here is what they really look like:


Attractive, I know. So, I got busy this morning and put all that junk away or gave it to the person to whom it belongs so he or she could put it away. Laurel found the fall table runner (I didn't remember that we had one!) and the sweet little picture of Duncan's handprint/turkey in a closet, and I tossed out the dead mums and replaced them with greenery.


Aaah. This is a much more peaceful view from my side of the dining room table.

And then there is the project I didn't get done today:

That's a basket of junk I swept off the counter before a party here 3 weeks ago.

Maybe next week on Tackle It Tuesday at 5 Minutes for Mom.

(P.S. Don't forget to share a soup recipe with me and check out the great ones I have received so far! I'm having one tonight!)

4 comments:

  1. My two youngest kids made those exact same turkey pics when they were in public school.
    Yeah for you for tackling the job! Looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tackle! I have an ongoing feud with all the clutter around here.

    If you have a chance, please feel free to stop by and see my tackle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love accomplishing on Tackle it Tuesdays?! I'm addicted.

    Great tackle. (and I know about baskets or boxes stuffed with clutter...) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice tackle. I have a lot of those spots. I guess I will be doing that next week as well!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.