Friday, July 22, 2011

If-I-Had-a-Bucket-List Accomplishments

July has been a phenomenal month for items that would be on my bucket list if I had one.

First, I ran a 5K. It was my second one but my first big one, with over 1,000 people:



Next, we spent the weekend camping at Cades Cove and riding our bikes around the 11-mile loop on a Saturday morning, when it is closed off to car traffic.



And yesterday, we went whitewater rafting on the Ocoee River. It wasn't my first time rafting (Dr. H. used to be a raft guide), but it has been 20 years since I've my last adventure.


And I don't have any pictures of this, but my Dad and I have been playing tennis regularly for the past two weeks. Playing tennis with my 86-year-old Dad: the joy of that is a post in itself. But aside from that, I've been wanting to play tennis on a regular basis for decades. I haven't played this much since junior high!

I still have loads of lesson plans looming over me, but I feel tremendously energized and strangely productive. It's a great feeling to be coming toward the end of July and have the satisfaction of knowing I haven't let summer slip by. And we still have another month until school starts!

3 comments:

  1. I've started the Couch Potato to 3K running plan... I hope someday to actually run in something!

    Sounds like you are having an awesome summer. I need to get out there and enjoy summer a bit more myself, before the last month of it disappears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You pooped me out just reading the blog. I used to do all those 5 and 10Ks when I was first married, you are doing quite well to do them now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could have run with you. I'm proud of you. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.