Thursday, October 11, 2012

31 Beautiful Things, Day 11: Little Girls



Girls in red, white, and blue. So many of them. Dozens and dozens of them! I love my American Heritage Girls, big and small. It's overwhelming sometimes—has been for 10 years. All the planning, and then hearing even one word of criticism that strikes me down. But this is what makes it all worth it: a little girl today who comes up to me and says, "I know my Bible verse!" And then she says the AHG oath. Precious.

It's been a beautiful day with these girls.




4 comments:

  1. I've never been a part of AHG before now and I've been so impressed. I think the sweetest thing is hearing all of the little voices singing together. I'm excited for Christy to get to be a part of it. Thanks for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie: I'm so glad Christy can be in AHG! She is so beautiful and precious!

      Delete
  2. Caitlin was so proud to tell you her verse and her oath. Thanks for making MY day by saying she made your day. See you at the next AHG meeting!

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl: Aww! Thanks for stopping by! Caitlin was soooo precious. That really did just make my day!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.