Tuesday, October 9, 2012

31 Beautiful Things, Day 9: Writing Group

I mentioned a few days ago how much I love our new church. So one of the things I love about it is the emphasis on small groups, and imagine my absolute delight and amazement when I saw that one of the new small groups for this small was a writers' group! I cannot even believe that I'm part of a church that values the arts so much that they have a group for writers and have opportunities for visual artists as well.

Our group is an eclectic bunch of people, from a 25-year-old to several folks in their late 60s. We have different writing styles and different focuses, but we all love to write. It's been fun over the past few weeks to watch the dynamics change, as we go from complete strangers to possessing an intimacy reached through reading one's own stories aloud. We know a lot about each other already.

It's a beautiful thing to be with others who share a passion for writing, and it's a beautiful thing to open up to others in this unexpected way.


What beautiful things are in your world today? Take a minute and blog about them, or list them on your Facebook status.



Day 1.
Day 2: Morning Coffee
Day 3: It's OK to Break for Bugs 
Day 4: Supper and Cards 
Day 5: Running with Randy
Day 6: At Cataloochee 
Day 7: A Brand New Thing
Day 8: Alma Mater 
Day 9: Writing Group

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.