Monday, October 29, 2012

31 Beautiful Things, Day 27: ARC


I don't receive advance reader's copies (ARCs) from publishers very often. I don't request them generally because I don't have time to read and review dozens of new books every year. But when I saw that Rachel Held Evans was offering ARCs of her book A Year of Biblical Womanhood, I jumped at the chance to get one!

I'm only halfway through the book, but I absolutely love it. I'll be reviewing it over at SmallWorld Reads when I finish, but here's just a little taste.
"Those who seek to glorify biblical womanhood have forgotten the dark stories. They have forgotten that the concubine of Bethlehem, the raped princess of David's house, the daughter of Jephthah, the countless unnamed women who lived and died between the lines of Scripture exploited, neglected, ravaged, and crushed at the hand of patriarchy are as much as part of our shared narrative as Deobrah, Esther, Rebekah, and Ruth."

I'm so happy to have a warm bed and a good book to read this evening!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.