Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Homeschool Memoirs #15: A Thankful Heart
This week's Homeschool Memoirs calls for 27 things we're thankful (U.S. Thanksgiving being on the 27th this year). And so, as they come to me...
1. My husband, Dr. H., who is practically perfect in every way
2. My oldest, who never ceases to amaze me
3. My daughter, who lights up my life
4. My youngest, who is a happiness giver
5. My parents, who raised me in love and security and who gave me wings
6. Incredible friends. Really, really amazing, lovely people that continuously bless my life.
7. And the Village People. You know who you are, and if you're wondering if you are, the answer is yes.
8. Our homeschooling support group. What a treasure.
9. Being able to homeschool: the freedom to do so, the means and desire to do so.
10. Our home
11. Living in Tennessee
12. Two vehicles
13. Dr. H's job that he loves
14. My extended family: my brothers and their families, in-laws, aunts, uncles, etc.
15. Our fantastic youth minister and his wife (we needed them for a very long time), and our minister and his wife
16. My children's friends and their families
17. Flowers, leaves, and other beautiful creations
18. The Smoky Mountains
19. Excellent health in our home
21. Heath bars
23. The library
24. Financial stability in an economically rocky world
25. Jesus Christ, the Example
26. Did I mentioned having been raised in a loving, secure, educationally-minded, Christian family?
27. Did I mention my sweet, precious family—Dr. H and the kids— who are so much more than I could ever have asked for?