Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Three Beautiful Things: Outside, Candy, Dinner

1. Outside: We've had a string of simply perfect days. The trees, well, who can stop looking at them? The abundance of color in my yard borders on decadence. Reds, yellows, oranges, greens, browns: it's exhilarating. Today we spent a portion of the afternoon doing school outside, me reading about the War of 1812 to the kids while the played barefoot in the sandbox.

2. Candy: The Halloween candy is nearly gone! I am always so happy when I no longer hear, "Can I have a piece of candy?" I'd sooner let them eat a bucket a day than have to say "NO!" for weeks on end. I fondly remember a dentist who once said, "It's better to let them eat it all quickly and brush their teeth than to have them eat a piece a day for a year." Or something like that.

3. Dinner: My parents came over for supper tonight, and that was lovely. Although my parents have lived with us for 8 years throughout the winters, somehow it's different now with them having their own house just down the road. Seems like we get to visit more when we're not living together. I must say I made a highly delicious dinner tonight, complete with two side dishes.

What sorts of beautiful things happened in your life today?

1 comment:

  1. I am totally with you on the candy! Ours isn't gone yet and that is ALL I hear all day long!! It either needs to disappear in the middle of the night or else I just need to let them sit and eat it tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.