Thursday, June 24, 2010

Three Beautiful Things: Exercise, VBS, A/C



1. Exercising with friends. The past few weeks, I've been walking/running (couch to 5K program) with a group of friends 2-3 mornings each week. I've always been a solo exerciser, but doing this with other moms adds a whole new dimension! I love it so much that I even agreed when the group decided to move our meeting time from 9:30 a.m. to 8 a.m. to avoid the heat. Getting out and about at 8 a.m. is stretching things for me, but I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Duncan at VBS. Thanks, Donna!

2. VBS. I love VBS week at church. I love it even more this year because I got the first three nights off! The first two nights, Dr. H. and I went to my parents' house to play cards—uninterrupted. One night Randy and I went out to dinner and then for ice-cream all by ourselves. Bliss. I am helping out the last couple of evenings at VBS, but that's pretty fun, too.

3. Air conditioning. And water. We've been in the mid-90s for about 2 weeks now. We are so blessed to be able to have a comfortable house and plenty of water to drink. Most of the world struggles to stay cool and hydrated; we live in unfathomable luxury.

What beautiful things are in your world today?

Linked up at Just for the Joy of It at Good, True & Beautiful

5 comments:

  1. It's always great when we enjoy exercising.

    I just began again and hope I stick with it . It's just a tae bo dvd, but it's a start.

    I totally understand about getting time for yourself and your love.

    And oh yes. I'm so glad for a/c...and cold cold water! It's miserable here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great loves!! I'm right there with you with all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A friend and I are coming your way tomorrow to go to the SMHEA curriculum fair...should I keep an eye out for you???

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jane: I won't be there Friday but I will Saturday! Aren't you in Chattanooga? I hear our fair positively PALES in comparison to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...you are welcome :) glad I could help...he is too cute not to snap a picture :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.