Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Toilet


Yes, that is a toilet by my front door. All those hundreds of commuters driving by our house each day will surely be waiting for us to fill it with a pot of red geraniums. But you know what? I'm really happy that toilet is out there, because that means Dr. H. and his wonderful brother are making progress. Greg drove up this week just to help us take out our rotten bathroom floor (literally rotten) and put in a new one.

That Dr. H., who is so wonderful in every single way? He's not really very handy, although he's learning. But his brother is insanely skilled, and he has tools. Lots of them. He even knows how to take out a toilet and stuff the hole with newspaper so we don't inhale sewer gas. (I'm pretty sure that's how he explained it.)

I don't mind that I have to use the nasty upstairs toilet or brush my teeth in the kitchen sink or that there is a toilet in my front yard. In just a few days, I'll have a new bathroom floor, one that doesn't have black mold creeping across it. And that's a really, really good thing.

Linked up with Tuesdays Unwrapped on Chatting at the Sky, Wordless Wednesday, and 5 Minutes for Mom

5 comments:

  1. You might be a redneck if... ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. {lol to wonder mom's comment!}

    patience is a virtue, isn't it??
    hope it gets done quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should just stick a potted geranium in it for fun for the commuters and your neighbors anyway! You'd be the talk of the town.

    ReplyDelete
  4. laughing at wonder mom's comment!

    As one who is patiently waiting for more than one home improvement projects, I can definitely understand why you "unwrapped" the toilet right on the front lawn.

    I love the sight of progress being made!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the lawn decoration! I passed a blog award on to you. You can stop by my blog to see it. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.