Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Homeschool Memoirs #3: Routines
This week's Homeschool Memoirs asks for our routines. I'm not sure we're far enough into the new year to say, "This is our schedule and we're stickin' to it," but so far it's like this:
Mondays: Monday deserves its own category, since we are gone for much of the day. We'll have our enrichment classes at our co-op, leaving home at 9 a.m. and returning at 1:30 p.m. Duncan will be taking Human Body, Weather Disasters, and Nifty-Fifty States. Laurel will be taking cooking, botany, and basic essay writing, which I'm teaching. Jesse will stay at home and do his regular assignments.
* Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: mornings at home. We start school about 10 a.m. Jesse does his own thing. I alternate between reading aloud from either history or Bible with Duncan and Laurel and helping Duncan with his work. Laurel works independently when I'm helping Duncan.
* Thursdays: Jesse does his own thing. Laurel has a performing arts class from 10 a.m.-12p.m. During that time Duncan and I will go to the library and do school there.
* Tuesday: Jesse has a class at the community college at 12:25; Laurel has flute at 1 p.m. We pick Jesse up at 1:45 and return home for another couple hours of school.
* Wednesday: Duncan has Boot Camp (at a local gymnastics center) from 12:30-2 p.m. My wonderful friend Donna will be his chauffeur. I'll have some one-on-one time with Laurel and then take Jesse to guitar lessons at 2 p.m. Jesse has chemistry from 4-5:30.
* Thursday: Jesse has a class at the community college at 12:25; American Heritage Girls and Cub Scouts 2nd and 4th Thursdays from about 2-6 p.m. (including set-up and clean-up).
* Fridays: We'll have a group of girls here to work on their God and Family award for AHG from 1:30-2:30; Jesse has geometry from 1:30-2:30 (he can walk to class); Boy Scouts on the 2nd and 4th Fridays at 7 p.m.
This is the most remarkable thing. Except for church on Wednesday nights and Boy Scouts twice each month, we have no regular evening activities! I'm excited about that break in our schedule!
See Memoir #2 here: Agendas
See Memoir #1 here: All About Me
Want to join in the fun? You can join Homeschool Memoirs at any time!