Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Last End-of-School Ice Cream Outing


So yesterday my three and I had one last end-of-school-year ice cream outing. It’s a tradition we’ve had for years and years and years. 

But this one was the one to end them all. I wanted to write them each a letter to tell them just how grateful I am to have been able to homeschool them, to watch them grow and fly and sometimes stumble and fall, but I just couldn’t risk spending the day sobbing. 

Not this month, with two kids graduating and a wedding in 10 days. 

Just ice cream and then back to moving into his new apartment (Jesse), work (Duncan), and wedding details (Laurel and me). 

Grateful for these years together and excited about what’s to come! Later, when the house is quiet, I'll spend time going through boxes of memories and thinking about what all this means, all these years we've spend together. But for now, it's back to wedding preparations!

(Graduation photos coming soon. Two graduates, lots of photos!)
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.