Saturday, September 2, 2006

Sept. 2, 2006: Laurel at Grandma's

I always said that Laurel would be the last one to go spend a week away at Grandma's. On the contrary, she's the first of the three to get her time along with Grandma. It's amazing how far she's come in the past couple of years.

sarah and laurel

On Wednesday we met Randy's mom in Berea, Kentucky, which is about halfway between our home in Tennessee and their home in Indiana. Laurel was nervous but very excited. I got all weepy saying good-bye to her (picture above). She then drove on to Indiana with Grandma and Grandpa Ben, while I drove back all by myself to Tennessee. On Friday the rest of us drove up to Indiana. And Laurel was as happy as a flower, all comfortable at Grandma's house. Just a year ago she was coming out of her shy-shell, but still shy enough to want to be wherever I was in the house. Now she is flitting here and there, taking the dogs out for a walk, grabbing a snack--her comfort zone has expanded. I am happy for her. It is lovely to see her feeling confident and bold, spreading her wings a little further each year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.