Thursday, April 17, 2008

Good News Thursday

April 17, 2008

The Cates at Why Homeschool host the weekly Good News Thursday, and I have good news about things people do. So yesterday and today I've been totaling up volunteer hours for some of our American Heritage Girls who would like to receive the Presidential Service Award. Anyone with 50 hours or more of service per year is eligible for this award, so I asked girls who had more than 50 hours to send me their detailed lists. So far eleven girls have sent me their lists, and I've counted up 784 hours among those girls. I know of four more girls who are sending me between 75-150 hours each tomorrow. These girls, mostly ages 12-17, are learning the art of servant-leadership. The mission of AHG is to build women of integrity through service to God, family, community, and country. These girls are taking that mission seriously. And that is good news for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.