Saturday, December 12, 2009

Weekly Wrap-Up



This week:

Milestone: oldest son gets first car. Milestone: oldest son gets big scholarship from university he doesn't really want to attend. Still, it's nice to get such a scholarship—and to know it's there just in case.


More decorating. The Christmas decorations come out in dribs and drabs. Only 2 small boxes left now, plus outdoor lights. If we should get to them…


Milestone: daughter and friend play flute/violin duet at two events this week. My once shy little girl, playing her flute in front of 150 people!


Sixth annual Mother/Daughter Grandmother Christmas Tea, American Heritage Girls. As always, a beautiful event. I made cranberry/orange scones.


Lots of Christmas books read. (My favorites are here.) Some baking going on. (Favorite cookies here.) And yes, we did history, writing, math, spelling, grammar, and all that good stuff, too.


And enjoyed this, a lot.

5 comments:

  1. That's a big week! Hurray for your daughter; I was once really shy AND I played the flute, but doing it without a whole orchestra around me would've been pretty inconceivable to me! :)
    Love the tea, too, and your scones sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a wonderful week. A lot of important milestones reached.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a lovely week. I need to finish off getting my Christmas decorations out. Hurray for all those milestones!

    I *love* that tiered bookshelf. Where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a big week for your oldest! Congrats to him.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.