Sunday, July 22, 2007

A Man and His Car

July 22, 2007


Psalm 91:4
He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.




I love this man. I love him with every fiber of my being, and today I am weak with gratitude. Once again, God formed a perfect hedge of protection around this man, so that when Windstar #2 was totaled, he was not. Right now Dr. H. and Jesse are at the junk yard, retrieving our sunglasses, cooler, CDS, chairs, and other miscellany from the van before it's made into a cube of metal. Perhaps they can pull that brand new transmission out as well.

Last night after a perfect evening seeing The Tempest at Shakespeare on the Square, we took home Jesse's first friend; Randy dropped the rest of our family off, and then took home Jesse's second friend. (Jesse opted to get dropped off with us because he had one last chapter of Harry Potter to finish.) It was after taking home Everett that a guy ran a stop sign and smashed into Randy. A guy impaired enough that he "didn't know what happened" and with a pocketful of pills who had already been in one accident that day.

And there is my sweet husband, with scratches and bruises and beautifully alive and vibrant. And our 15-year-old Toyota Tercel has now outlasted 2 Ford Windstars. (The other one was totaled four years ago when a guy ran a stop sign and plowed into Randy, who apparently has a sign on him that says, "Hit me! I'm driving a Ford Windstar that is begging to be totaled!")

Those wings were spread wide last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.