Wednesday, July 11, 2007

If You Water, It Will Rain

July 11, 2007



I am skimpy about watering the flowerbeds. I see money leaking out of the hose. I tend to think, "It's got to rain soon!" But this is a drought year for Tennessee, and we who don't depend on rain for our livelihood are less likely to acknowledge the true significance of drought. So the other day I broke down and let Duncan spend a long time watering the flowers (and eventually, of course, he watered himself). And sure enough, we've had a huge downpour and two smaller rains since then, including a nice 20-minute shower today.



There's not much that these two enjoy more than playing in a hard downpour like we had today. Now the sky has cleared, leaving thankful flowers and a steam-bath atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.