Friday, August 25, 2006

August 25, 2006: The Party's Over

I love parties. I'm glad my daughter is a partying kind of girl. For her 9th birthday, Laurel chose to have a "beach" party. A nearby park has a nice sandy beach on a TVA lake, and a Friday afternoon in late August is ideal for a party there. All the public school kids are back in their classrooms, leaving the lake all for us.

The girls had a great time, as did the girls' siblings; and of course we moms had fun, sitting under the shade and chatting. As always, we laughed about the great Socialization Myth as we watched our children play. They are all lovely children, and I always come away from such events feeling blessed in my children's friendships, and blessed in my own friendships with their parents.

Laurel's party

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.