Sunday, February 5, 2012

Superbowl Sunday Miscellany

* I love Superbowl Sunday. I don't know one single thing about football, although I did absolutely love the show Friday Night Lights, but Randy gets very excited and makes fabulous food for the Superbowl. There's such a festive air about the day. On his menu tonight: sliders, shrimp, wings, chips and dip, chips and guacamole and queso. My contribution: chocolate chip cookies, but I only made those because Duncan is going to a Superbowl party at the church we've been attending.

* I should blog sometime about church. It's been 5 months since we left our church. I feel as if I am emerging, this past month especially, into a whole new world. I feel so unfettered, both by being gone from that church and from relinquishing so much of the anger I felt toward the leaders of that congregation. But this is a miscellaneous post, so I'll save that for another time.

Random picture #1: Our sweet pup and Laurel's new kitty, basking in the sun

* This week coming up is going to scary. I'm going to have to transport myself to survival mode. The week goes like this:
  • Monday: co-op all day, Boy Scouts at night
  • Tuesday: performing arts classes resume in the afternoon, Cub Scout Blue and Gold banquet at night
  • Wednesday: taking my Brit Lit class to see the opera Romeo and Juliette in the later afternoon/evening
  • Thursday: American Heritage Girls and Cub Scouts
  • Friday: Preparations for the AHG Father/Daughter banquet begin at 9:30 a.m.; Brit Lit from 1-4; head back immediately for final prep for the Father/Daughter banquet, which begins at 6 p.m.
And that doesn't include all the regular things, like homeschooling, visiting my parents, running, and watching American Idol. Also, we just started watching Downton Abbey and I don't know how that is going to fit in this week.

* Fortunately, my house is clean. That will help my frame of mind tremendously. I can handle a cluttered schedule much better than a cluttered house.

Random Picture #2: winter aconites—the first sign of spring, 1 month early.

* Is it just me, or is everyone joining Pinterest this week? I think about two dozen of my friends just started pinning over the weekend. Now comes the dilemma: do I follow all my friends? Do I follow my daughter's friends? I kind of liked living in my anonymous Pinterest tunnel.

* By the way, we're rooting for the Giants. (I will admit that I had to yell into Randy just now: "Is it the Jets or the Giants." I just wanted to be safe.)

Have a great Superbowl Sunday. May you have plenty of deep-fried food and ample trans-fats mixed in with a healthy dose of carbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.